2007 - George Mason University, the Mason Inn Conference Center and Hotel, a Key Hospitality Project
By 2007, christopher had moved well beyond working only on the residential planned communities that had been our key market and had ventured into hospitality, but our engagement to work on GMU’s new Conference Center and Hotel was really the milestone project that established us in the hospitality market.
christopher designed the plan for this six-story hotel and event space. The work also included a new entrance to the GMU campus from Route 123 (Ox Road), an underground parking garage, surface parking and an entry plaza.
The project received a Silver LEED Certification and the DBIA National Design-Build Award in the Commercial (mixed-use) category.
In August 2014, the George Mason Inn was converted into the Mason Global Center, a 270-unit international student housing facility.
Our hotel portfolio has grown over the last 40 years to include a remarkable number of hospitality projects across all hotel brands, using all our disciplines and spanning Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee. Here are some of them:
- Lansdowne Resort and Spa, Leesburg, VA
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, Arlington, VA
- Extended Stay America, Herndon, VA
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Alexandria, VA
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Alexandria, VA
- Marriott Columbia Town Center, Columbia, MD
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Memphis East, TN
- Residence Inn by Marriott, Durham, NC
- Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Homewood, Birmingham, AL
- Embassy Suites Hotel, Richmond, VA
- Embassy Suites Hotel, Tysons Corner, VA