christopher performed civil engineering and surveying services to George Mason University (GMU) on their new Academic VII (Peterson Family Health Sciences Hall) project, a new lab and academic building on GMU’s Fairfax campus.
Tasks performed include:
- Drainage study and schematic designs for the proposed SWM facility (extended detention pond).
- Tie-in to existing storm sewer and coordinate SWM design around existing storm sewer conditions
- Met state phosphorous removal requirements using the new pond and proposed raingarden
- Adequate outfall analysis for the site
- Road realignments for Patriot Circle and Aquia Creek Lane and widening of George Mason Boulevard
- Signage and striping plan for revised road alignments, including signage and striping for the new bike lanes
- Multiple Phases of E&S plan to facilitate construction and project phasing
- Parking lot redesign for that existing lot in front of Thompson Hall. Designed clinic parking adjacent to the building – ensure ADA access to different access point to the building
- Coordination with landscape architect regarding hardscapes and lighting around site
- Ensure fire apparatus accessibility to the site