christopher is providing civil/site engineering and surveying services to Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) on a task-by-task basis as needed. Projects include:
• Administration Building – christopher provided engineering and surveying services for the planning of additional parking spaces for the (FCPS) Administration Building. christopher’s survey efforts included establishing horizontal and vertical control and performing a field run topographic survey on 0.5 acres. Engineering efforts included a layout of the site, including vehicular circulation, parking and remaining landscaping; and a grading plan for the selected conceptual parking layout.
• Hayfield High School – christopher provided preliminary engineering services for the layout of a new outdoor basketball court and a new access road for a student drop off location. Additional services included preliminary layout, grading, utility design and construction cost estimates.
• Woodlawn Elementary School– christopher performed construction stakeout services on the portions of the school property required for the construction of a perimeter fence on two (2) sides of an adjoining property known as Engleside Village. Stakes were set at 50’ stations, and the deliverable consisted of the field stakeout and an exhibit of completed work.
• Thomas Jefferson High School – christopher performed stakeout services to support the construction of the baseball field.
• John R. Lewis High School (formerly Lee High School) – christopher provided survey and engineering services for the 4.5 acres of Lee High Park’s softball field and access road. Services included a topographic and boundary survey of the site; utility designation, mapping and location; utility layout and stakeout. Engineering services included preparation of a minor site plan to add a new concession stand and press box.
• Herndon Elementary School – christopher provided stakeout services for 48 shrubs and 15 trees in accordance with a landscaping plan provided by FCPS. The work provided horizontal locations of the proposed plantings in order to aid installation.